Thursday, April 4, 2013

Food Ghost Review #1

Today What About Food is proud to present the first in a series of local restaurant reviews. Our review service, Food Ghost, is comprised of some of the finest food critics in the greater Boston area. Food Ghost's reviewers have trained tirelessly at the Food Critic's Institute of America in order to provide our readers with the most comprehensive and in depth scoop on some of Boston's most exciting new restaurants.

Today Food Ghost takes a look at a hip new brunch place located right in the heart of Boston's Financial District.

Finagle a Bagel is no stranger to the exciting world of cafe style brunch establishments. Owner Martin Chone claims to have "several establishments" under his belt already. In fact, Finagle's website lists a number of "sister" restaurants all over the Boston area, all as underground and industry friendly as their Financial District location.

I must have just missed the lunch crowd, because there was hardly anyone in the establishment when I visited at 5:00PM. I was told by host over the phone that they did not take reservations (I assume it's a weekend thing). The restaurant provided ample seating, and an atmosphere that one might describe as assertive, without being pushy.

The counter service was pleasant and prompt. I was informed that they were currently out of Cinnamon Raison bagels. This was fine with me, as I am severely, severely allergic to cinnamon. I opted for the Plain Bagel instead, to get a look at the chef's take on this breakfast classic. I opted for the pairing of Plain Bagel and Butter. I inquired, and was told that both ketchup and mustard are indeed available upon request.

Finagle's beverage menu includes a slew of exciting Coca-Cola products, as well a variety of Coffee (both regular and decaf are available). I found both the men's and women's bathrooms to be fairly clean.

Because of their combination of reasonably priced, progressive urban breakfast foods and upbeat atmosphere, I give Finagle a Bagel four out of five spooks. This trendy spot is sure to become a staple of the Financial District for any young urban professional!









No comments:

Post a Comment